Welcome back to the park everyone.
It’s great to hear people enjoying themselves again after lockdown. Let’s all stay safe together by following the COVID guidance by using hand sanitiser in the park and remembering the 2m physical distancing rules. There are no public toilets open at this time so factor that in when planning a visit and bring your own radar key to access the wheelchair swing.
We’ve been busy behind the scenes during lockdown so here is a snapshot of our recent work:
- Local business Qubiti kindly donated and installed wifi equipment. Park visitors can access our wifi free (network is Catherine St Inclusive – Guest and the Password is letsplay2020)
- We launched our Growing Together project to bring the park to the people. We distributed plants to school hubs, LIFT, YMCA, Summerhill Community Centre and Sandside Community Garden. We also set up free plant stalls at Aldi, The Range and Tesco Extra and invited the public to ‘Grow Together’ with us and share photos of their plants in their new home.
- We won a £1000 prize to use towards sensory play resources when we were nominated for the Ecclesiastical Movement for Good Awards. Thanks for all your votes.
- Mark Jardine and his team of joiners, on behalf of The People’s Project, kindly donated a hand built shed for us to store our community gardening equipment.
- We successfully applied for funding from Corra Foundation to extend our Growing Together project. We are currently working on creating wellbeing packs for the most isolated and vulnerable within the community so we can all ‘Thrive Together.’ We are collecting kindness rocks painted with positive images or messages to put inside the packs. These can be dropped off at the park where there is a collection box inside the sheltered storytelling area.
Please do follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and invite your friends and family to become friends of Catherine Street Inclusive Park too. Stay safe everyone and we can’t wait to see you in the park sometime soon.